AUSTIN Texas Country Cleanups are scheduled for May in Runnels, Brown and Tom Green Counties. Each cleanup will be from 8 a.m. to noon.
The following items will be accepted:
- Used motor oil (except that from oil-changing businesses);
- Used motor oil filters (limited to two 55-gallon barrels per participant);
- Lead-acid batteries; and
- Triple-rinsed or high-pressure rinsed empty pesticide containers. (Please remove lids and instruction sheets.)
Dates and places of the cleanups are:
- May 17 at Diamond B Accessories, 1400 S. Main St. in Winters. For more information contact Marty Gibbs, Texas Cooperative Extension agent in Runnels County, (325) 365-2219.
- May 18 at Brown County Fairgrounds, U.S. Highway 377 South in Brownwood. For more information contact Scott Anderson, Extension agent in Brown County, (325) 646-0386.
- May 19 at Wall County Coop, 9194 Loop 570 (off U.S. Highway 87 East) in Wall. For more information contact Steve Sturtz, Extension agent in Tom Green County, (325) 659-6524.
Sponsors of the cleanups are Extension and the Small Business and Environmental Assistance Division of the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.
For more information about these cleanup events visit the Web at http://www.tnrcc.state.tx.us/exec/oppr/agwaste/agwaste.html or call Dwight Sitta at (512) 239-4749 or an Extension agent.