WACO – Ten youth were presented scholarships recently at the 49th Blackland Income Growth Conference held at the Extraco Events Center in Waco.
The Texas AgriLife Extension Service and the Greater Waco Chamber of Commerce sponsor the annual conference.
The event provides farmers and ranchers throughout the region with the latest on commodities, production practices and other information about food and fiber production, according to organizers.
“Find your passion,” Ron Smith, editor of Southwest Farm Press, told the students during his keynote lunch speech. “My dad encouraged me to go to college and told me ‘I don’t care what you study, just as long as you have a choice.’”
Students from the Blacklands region receiving $750 scholarships were:
- Tyler Coufal, Bell County.
- Morgan Tindle, Falls County.
- Heather Craig and Gretchen Debner, Grayson County.
- Lydia Hogan and Morgan Mathis, Johnson County.
- Kelvin Word, Kaufman County.
- Chelsea Dunnehoo, Kimberly Janecka and Amelia Tanner, Williamson County.
For more information about the conference, visit http://stephenville.tamu.edu/blackland_income_growth/conference/index.php .