PAMPA – A “Right-of-Way” meeting, planned by the Texas AgriLife Extension Service office in Gray County, is set for Aug. 30 at the Gray County Annex, 12125 E. Frederic Ave. in Pampa.
There is a registration fee of $10, and the event will begin at 9 a.m. and end at 3 p.m., said Brandon McGinty, AgriLife Extension agriculture and natural resources agent in Gray County. Lunch will be provided.
Participants can earn five Texas Department of Agriculture private pesticide applicator continuing education units – one in laws and regulations, one integrated pest management, one drift and two general, McGinty said.
Program topics and presenters will be:
- Weed Identification, McGinty.
- Laws and Regulations, Steve Boston, Texas Department of Agriculture, Lubbock.
- Herbicides and Uses, Howard Pierson, Alligare representative, Ovilla.
- Ornamental/Turf Insect Controls, Dr. Ed Bynum, AgriLife Extension entomologist, Amarillo.
- Drift Management, representative of Winn Field Chemicals.
Those planning to attend should RSVP by Aug. 27. To RSVP or for more information, contact McGinty at 806-669-8033.