PAMPA – The annual agriculture conference conducted by the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service in Gray County will be held Feb. 26 at the Clyde Carruth Livestock Pavilion in the concession area of the bull barns.
Registration will begin at 9 a.m., and the program will start at 9:30 a.m., according to Brandon McGinty, AgriLife Extension agriculture and natural resources agent for Gray County. There is a $10 fee for this conference and lunch will be provided by Gray/Roberts Farm Bureau.
Speakers and topics will include:
-Efficient Irrigation Systems, McGinty.
- AquaSpy Probes, David Sloane, AquaSpy agronomist, St. Louis, Mo.
- Sorghum Production and Limited Irrigation, Rick Kochenower, Oklahoma State University Extension agronomist, Goodwell, Okla.
- Texas Department of Transportation – Farm Truck Compliance, Chad Brooks, Texas Department of Public Safety, Pampa.
- Commodity Markets and Outlook, Dr. Steve Amosson, AgriLife Extension economist, Amarillo.
- Laws and Regulations, Casey Summers, Texas Department of Agriculture representative, Amarillo.
Five Texas Department of Agriculture continuing education units will be offered – one in laws and regulations and four general.
Preregistration is requested. Please contact McGinty by Feb. 22 at 806-669-8033 to reserve a seat.