Writer: Steve Byrns, 325-653-4576, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Norman Fryar, 432-336-2541, email@example.com
FORT STOCKTON – The Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service will offer a Pesticide Management Workshop and a concurrent Texas Department of Agriculture private applicator training on Nov. 7 at the Pecos County Civic Center, 1674 Airport Drive in Fort Stockton.
Registration for the training and workshop will be from 8-8:30 a.m. The certification training and testing will last from 8:30 a.m.-noon. The educational workshop will run from 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Individual preregistration for either event is $20. RSVP by calling Norman Fryar, AgriLife Extension agent in Pecos County, at 432-336-2541, firstname.lastname@example.org .
Fryar said private applicator license candidates must purchase a Private Applicator Certification Package, which he said should be ordered as soon as possible through any AgriLife Extension office. He also said candidates must have the package in hand at the time of training.
Three structural application and five commercial, noncommercial and private applicator Texas Department of Agriculture continuing education units will be available to workshop participants.
“We have a full slate of workshop speakers from here in Fort Stockton, who will cover some excellent information on a variety of topics ranging from how herbicides work to predator control,” Fryar said. “This should be an informative and fast-paced workshop featuring some truly top experts on a wide range of topics.”
Topics and speakers will include:
– Herbicide Modes of Action and Integrated Pest Management of Problem Plants, Dr. Alyson McDonald, AgriLife Extension range specialist.
– Laws and Regulations Concerning Pesticides and Their Application, Mario Saavedra, Texas Department of Agriculture, El Paso..
– Biological Control of Salt Cedar, Dr. Mark Muegge, AgriLife Extension entomologist.
– Livestock Parasite Review, Dr. Bruce Carpenter, AgriLife Extension livestock specialist.
– Predator Control Issues, Hoppy Turman, Texas Wildlife Services supervisor.