EDNA — The Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service of Jackson County, along with AgriLife Extension’s field crop and beef committees, will present a five-hour continuing education unit event from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Dec. 12 in Edna.
The event will be held at the Jackson County Services Building Auditorium, 411 N. Wells.
Registration begins at 8 a.m.; the program begins at 9 a.m.
The registration fee of $25 includes refreshments and lunch by Mustang Creek BBQ.
“This is an excellent opportunity for folks to catch up on their CEUs,” said Mike Hiller, AgriLife Extension agent in Jackson County. “We’re also pleased that Capital Farm Credit and DuPont Crop Protection will help sponsor this event.”
Five Texas Department of Agriculture continuing education units will be available for those with a valid private applicators license: one hour in laws and regulations, 1.5 hours in integrated pest management and 2.5 hours in the general category.
Five Texas Certified Crop Advisors continuing education units will also be available: 0.5 in soil and water management, 2.5 in pest management and two in crop management.
Topics and speakers will include:
– Range and Pasture Herbicide Update, Dr. Charlie Grymes, DuPont field development representative, Inez.
– Stocking Rate and the Influence on Plant Persistence/Vigor, Animal Performance, Potential Profitability and the Environment, Dr. Larry Redmon, AgriLife Extension state forage specialist, College Station.
– Advantages to Controlling Brush, Improving Grasslands and Soils, Dr. Megan Clayton, AgriLife Extension range specialist, Corpus Christi.
– Groundwater Conservation, Tim Andruss, general manager, Texana Groundwater Conservation District, Jackson County.
– Texas Pesticide Laws and Regulations, Dr. Don Renchie, AgriLife Extension program leader for agricultural and environmental safety, College Station.
– Drought Resistant Crop Technology, Ronnie Schnell, AgriLife Extension specialist, College Station.
For more information contact the AgriLife Extension office in Jackson County at 361-782-3312.