HASKELL – A Summer Agriculture Update Meeting will be held on July 22 at the Haskell Expo Center, 200 South Ave. B in Haskell.
The meeting will be sponsored by the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service in Haskell County, Dow AgroSciences, DuPont and Farm Credit Bank.
Registration is $10 and will begin at 8 a.m. The meeting will start promptly at 8:30 a.m. and include lunch, according to Jason Westbrook, AgriLife Extension agriculture and natural resources agent for Haskell County.
The lineup of speakers and topics for the meeting will include:
- Dr. Calvin Trostle, AgriLife Extension agronomist in Lubbock, “Wheat Variety Update” and “Planting Dates and Timing for Top-Dressing N on Wheat.”
- Dr. David Drake, AgriLife Extension agronomist in San Angelo, “New World of Weeds.”
- Ralph Porter, Dow AgroSciences representative from Abilene, “Dow Weed and Herbicide Update.”
- Gerald Hobson, DuPont Crop Protection range and pasture specialist for Texas, Oklahoma and New Mexico, “DuPont Weed and Herbicide Update.”
- Stan Bevers, AgriLife Extension economist in Vernon, “Farm Bill Decision Tool and Market Update.”
- Texas Department of Agriculture presentation, “Drift Minimization.”
Three Texas Department of Agriculture continuing education units – two general and one drift – will be offered. RSVPs are required by July 17 for meal planning purposes. Those who do not RSVP will not be guaranteed a lunch, Westbrook said.
For more information and to RSVP, contact the AgriLife Extension office for Haskell County at 940- 864-2658.