PAMPA – A Wheat Planning Conference will be offered from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Aug. 6 at the Gray County Annex, 12125 E. Frederic Ave. in Pampa.
The event is being planned by the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service offices in Gray, Carson, Roberts and Armstrong counties, said Brandon McGinty, AgriLife Extension agriculture and natural resources agent in Gray County.
Private pesticide applicators will be offered two and a half Texas Department of Agriculture continuing education units – one-half integrated pest management and two general, he said.
Topics and presenters will be:
– Efficient Wheat Production Practices for the High Plains, Dr. Clark Neely, AgriLife Extension specialist.
– Wheat Seed Treatment Updates, Dr. Ed Bynum, AgriLife Extension entomologist, Amarillo.
– Wheat Variety and Irrigation Updates, McGinty.
– Insurance Updates and Market Outlooks, Mark Welch, AgriLife Extension economist, College Station.
– Wheat Disease and Disease Research, Jacob Price, Texas A&M AgriLife Research, Amarillo.
There will be a $10 fee for this conference, to be paid at the door, and a noon meal will be provided, McGinty said. Individuals should RSVP by Aug. 2 to their local AgriLife Extension office in Carson, Gray, Roberts or Armstrong counties, or call 806-669-8033.