Writer: Blair Fannin, 979-845-2259, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Charles Swanson, 979-845-5614, email@example.com
COLLEGE STATION – A series of landscape irrigation short courses for licensed irrigation professionals will be held February through May with stops in College Station, Houston, Austin, Dallas and San Antonio.
Licensed landscape irrigators are required to have 24 hours of continued education every three years to renew their licenses, while licensed irrigation technicians need 16 hours every two years, said Charles Swanson, short course instructor and Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service program specialist in College Station.
“Our classes cover a range of landscape irrigation topics,” Swanson said. “They benefit both licenses through practical exercises and hands-on activities, drawing from ongoing research and the latest technologies and practices so irrigators can easily adopt these new skills in the field.”
“We not only try to target those who have state irrigation licenses, but also those without irrigation licenses who work for parks, utilities and manage landscapes and want to be more efficient and conserve water,” Swanson said.
The following is the short course schedule:
– Feb. 14, Drip Irrigation Workshop, Houston, eight hours, $165.
– Feb. 15, Smart Irrigation Controllers, Houston, eight hours, $165.
– Feb. 22, Irrigation Troubleshooting and Performance Testing, Austin, eight hours, $165.
– Feb. 23, Drip Irrigation Workshop, Austin, eight hours, $165.
– March 14, Permitting of Alternative Water for Irrigation, College Station, eight hours, $165.
– March 15, Advanced Landscape Irrigation Auditing, College Station, eight hours, $165.
– March 22-23, Landscape Irrigation Auditing and Management, Dallas,16 hours, $265.
– April 25-26, Landscape Irrigation Auditing and Management, San Antonio,16 hours, $265.
– May 16-17, Irrigation computer-aided design Workshop, College Station,16 hours, $295.
– May 18, Advanced Irrigation CAD Workshop, College Station, eight hours, $165.
For more information, course brochures or to register online, go to http://irrigation.tamu.edu/register.php or call 979-845-5614.