Writer: Blair Fannin, 979-845-2259, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Mac Young, 361-265-9203, email@example.com
WHARTON – A cotton and grain risk management and marketing workshop is scheduled Oct. 19 at the Wharton County Fairgrounds in Wharton.
The fairgrounds are at 6036 Farm-to-Market Road 961. There is no fee to attend. Sign-in begins at 8 a.m. with the program starting at 8:15 a.m.
“This is an excellent opportunity to be briefed on the need for budgeting, crop insurance choices, outlook and making marketing plans for the next crop year,” said Mac Young, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service program specialist, Corpus Christi.
Speakers and topics include:
– Budgeting Decision Tools: Determining Break-Even and Costs of Production, Young.
– U.S. Department of Agriculture Risk Management Agency Update, Francie Tolle, regional office director, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
– 2018 Crop Insurance Choices, Tom Kelly, Wiese Crop Insurance, Eagle Lake.
– Crop Insurance Decision Tools, Dr. Steven Klose, AgriLife Extension economist, College Station.
– Developing a Management Plan: Incorporating Insurance into Production and a Farm Plan, Dr. Mark Welch, AgriLife Extension grains marketing economist, College Station.
– Cotton Outlook, Marketing Tools and Strategies, Dr. John Robinson, AgriLife Extension cotton marketing economist, College Station.
– Grain Outlook, Marketing Tools and Strategies, Welch.
For more information, call 361-265-9203.