- Writer: Adam Russell, 903-348-4914, email@example.com
- Contact: Pam Hickman, 903-834-6191, firstname.lastname@example.org
OVERTON – The Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service will offer a pesticide applicators training from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Nov. 30 in Overton.
The program will be held at the Texas A&M AgriLife Research and Extension Center, 1710 N. Farm-to-Market Road 3053. Cost is $35 per person if preregistered by Nov. 27 and $50 at the door. Lunch is provided.
Dr. Vanessa Corriher-Olson, AgriLife Extension forage specialist, Overton, noted that this year is the first time for preregistration.
“We just want people to be aware of the price difference so no one is caught off guard,” she said. “Preregister and save some money on a great program.”
Register online at https://agriliferegister.tamu.edu or call AgriLife Extension Conference Services at 979-845-2604.
Five Texas Department of Agriculture continuing education credits – one laws and regulations, one integrated pest management and three general credits – will be available.
Topics and speakers include:
– Wild Pig Control/Laws Update, Dr. Billy Higginbotham, AgriLife Extension wildlife and fisheries specialist (retired), Overton.
– Aquatic Weed Control, Higginbotham.
– Weed Control in Pastures and Hay Meadows, Corriher-Olson.
– Spray Equipment and Spray Tip Selection, Dr. Jason Banta, AgriLife Extension beef cattle specialist, Overton.
For more information, contact Pam Hickman at 903-834-6191.