Contact: Blair Fannin, 979-845-2259, email@example.com
EDNA – A Five Hour CEU event is scheduled Nov. 30 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Jackson County Services Building Auditorium, 411 N. Wells in Edna.
The event is sponsored by the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service office in Jackson County along with its field crops and beef committees. Other sponsors include Capital Farm Credit, Jackson County Soil and Water Conservation District, NewFirst National Bank and CS Nutrients.
Registration, which begins at 8 a.m., is $25 and includes refreshments and lunch. Topics and speakers will be:
- Texas Pesticide Laws and Regulations, Greg Baker, Texas Department of Agriculture inspector, Bay City.
- Weed Control in Pastures and Sprayer Calibration, Dr. Megan Clayton, AgriLife Extension range specialist, Corpus Christi.
- Fire Ants and Crazy Ants Management, Dr. Paul Nester, AgriLife Extension program specialist, Houston.
- Livestock Diseases, Insects, Parasites and Their Control, Dr. Joe Paschal, AgriLife Extension livestock specialist, Corpus Christi.
- Feral Hog Management, Eddie Davis, Texas Wildlife Services.
A total of five continuing education units will be offered in the law and regulations, integrated pest management and general categories for Texas Department of Agriculture pesticide applicator’s license holders. Five continuing education units will be offered for those in the Texas certified crop advisor program.
For more information, call 361-782-3312.