Contact: Floyd Ingram, 254-697-7045, firstname.lastname@example.org
CAMERON – The Milam County Row Crop Tour has been set for June 29 and will feature a number of area demonstration variety trials and a market outlook.
Registration begins at 7 a.m. at the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service office for Milam County, 100 East 1st St. in Cameron. Cost is $10 and includes lunch. The area demonstrations, which begin at 8 a.m., include grain sorghum, cotton, haylage and corn.
“For years, the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service in Milam County has shared a great partnership with local producers and industry professionals in the field of production agriculture,” said Floyd Ingram, AgriLife Extension agent for Milam County. “This partnership allows new technologies and best management practices to be conducted, proven and demonstrated — not only to cooperators but to agricultural producers in our area each year at the Milam County Row Crop Tour.”
The following are crop tour topics and speakers:
- Grain Sorghum Demonstration Variety Trial, Dr. Ronnie Schnell, AgriLife Extension grain and sorghum specialist, College Station, and Dr. Josh McGinty, AgriLife Extension forage specialist, Corpus Christi.
- Cotton Demonstration Variety Trial, Dr. Gaylon Morgan, AgriLife Extension state cotton specialist, College Station.
- Haylage Demonstration Trial, Dr. Clark Neely, AgriLife Extension small grains and oilseed specialist, College Station.
- Corn Demonstration Variety Trial, Schnell and McGinty.
- Farm bill update, Kevin Humphrey, U.S. Department of Agriculture-Farm Service Agency director for Milam County.
- Department of Public Safety Laws and Regulations Affecting Ag Producers, Sargent Jimmy Morgan.
- Commodity Market and Outlook, Dr. Mark Welch, AgriLife Extension grain economist, College Station.
Lunch will be at the Thorndale VFW. Three continuing education units will be offered: one in laws and regulations, one integrated pest management and one general.
For more information, call the AgriLife Extension office in Milam County at 254-697-7045.