Writer: Kay Ledbetter, 806-677-5608, email@example.com
Contacts: Justin Rogers, 940-549-0737 or Justin.firstname.lastname@example.org
Jason Westbrook, 940-659-1228, email@example.com
Charlie Martin, 940-567-2132, firstname.lastname@example.org
GRAHAM – The annual North Central Texas Cattleman’s Clinic, hosted by the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service offices in Young, Jack, Palo Pinto and Archer counties, will be held Oct. 10 in the Young County Arena, 120 Barclay Blvd. in Graham.
The program, sponsored also by the Texas Beef Council, will begin with registration at 8:30 a.m., followed by speakers at 9 a.m., and will end by 2 p.m. There is a $10 fee, payable at the door, but participants are asked to RSVP by Oct. 5 to one of the hosting AgriLife Extension offices.
Three general Texas Department of Agriculture continuing education units will be offered.
Lunch will be provided by Charlie Martin, AgriLife Extension agriculture and natural resources agent in Jack County. Following lunch, attendees will be able to visit with trade show vendors.
Topics and speakers will include:
– Path to the Plate presentation, featuring beef certifications, yield grades and quality grades, Justin Rogers, AgriLife Extension agriculture and natural resources agent for Young County.
– Beef nutritional data facts, Jason Westbrook, AgriLife Extension agriculture and natural resources agent for Palo Pinto County.
– Ribeye taste demonstration of various labeled products and cooking guidelines, as well as Dinner Tonight cooking demonstrations, Lynette Babcock, Alinda Cox and Penny Berend, AgriLife Extension family and community health agents in Palo Pinto, Jack and Young counties, respectively.
– Marketing update and the economics of alternative feed sources through the use of the Oklahoma State University “cowculator” computer program, Dr. Jason Johnson, AgriLife Extension economist at Stephenville,
– Update for U.S. Department of Agriculture Farm Service Agency programs, Jerry Gleason with Young County Natural Resources and Conservation Service, and Jeannine Wendel with the FSA.
For more information, contact Rogers at the AgriLife Extension office in Young County, 940-549-0737 or Justin.email@example.com, Westbrook in Palo Pinto County at 940-659-1228 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Martin in Jack County at 940-567-2132 or email@example.com.