Media contact: Blair Fannin, 979-845-2259, firstname.lastname@example.org
COLLEGE STATION – Luke O’Leary, an agricultural leadership and development major at Texas A&M University, has been elected national president on the 2018-19 National FFA officer team.
O’Leary graduated from San Luis Obispo High School, California, in 2016. He also served as the California FFA president last year. As president of the national FFA, O’Leary will serve the organization in local, state, national and international activities to inform, motivate and inspire members of the FFA and members of the community.
Each year at the National FFA Convention and Expo, six students are elected by delegates to represent the organization as national officers. Delegates elect a president, secretary and vice presidents representing the central, southern, eastern and western regions of the country.
Also named to the national officer team were:
– Layni LeBlanc, an animal science – science and technology major at Louisiana State University, secretary.
– Adrian Schunk, a communications major at Michigan State University, eastern region vice president.
– Ridge Hughbanks, an agribusiness major at Oklahoma State University, central region vice president.
– Jordan Stowe, an agriscience education major at Auburn University, southern region vice president.
– Shea Booster, an agricultural business management major at Oregon State University, western region vice president.