TULIA – The Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service Swisher County Ag Committee will host its annual Swisher County Ag Day on Dec. 5 in Tulia.
Registration will begin at 8 a.m., and the cost is $10. The event will be held in the basement of the Swisher Memorial Building, 127 SW 2nd St. Lunch will be sponsored by Happy State Bank and door prizes will be given out.
To RSVP for this event, call the AgriLife Extension office for Swisher County by Dec. 3 at 806-995-3726.
The day-long event will showcase topics important to farmers and ranchers in the High Plains area, said John Villalba, AgriLife Extension agriculture and natural resources agent in Swisher County. A mixture of cotton, corn, cattle, pest and legal presentations will be given at the program.
Six Texas Department of Agriculture pesticide applicator continuing education units will be offered in the following categories: two general, two laws and regulations, one drift minimization and one integrated pest management. Seven certified crop adviser CEUs will also be available.
Presentations and speakers will be:
– Weed Management in Cotton, Dr. Peter Dotray, AgriLife Extension weed scientist, Lubbock.
– The Ideal Swisher County Cow, Andy Holloway, AgriLife Extension agriculture and natural resources agent for Hemphill County.
– Hot Button Ag Law Issues for 2018-2019, Tiffany Dowell Lashmet, AgriLife Extension ag law specialist, Amarillo.
– Bushland Corn Herbicide Trial Results and High Plains Cotton Trial Updates, Dr. Jourdan Bell, AgriLife Extension agronomist, Amarillo
– TDA Laws and Regulations Refresher, Kyle Thompson, Texas Department of Agriculture inspector, Lubbock.
– Commodity Group Updates.
– 2018 Swisher County IPM Update, Blayne Reed, AgriLife Extension integrated pest management agent, Hale/Swisher/Floyd counties.
– Electrical Safety on Farms, Andy Stewart, Swisher Electric Cooperative safety coordinator, Tulia.
For more information, contact Villalba at 806-995-3721 or firstname.lastname@example.org.