PALO PINTO – A pesticide continuing education workshop will be held Jan. 17 at the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service building, 221 S. 5th Ave. in Palo Pinto.
Five Texas Department of Agriculture continuing education units – four integrated pest management and one laws and regulations – will be offered to renew private applicator or non-commercial applicator licenses.
The fee is $25 and includes lunch. Registration will begin at 8 a.m. with the program to follow from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Those planning to attend are asked to call 940-659-1228 or 940-325-3961 to preregister by Jan. 14 or for more information.
The program and speakers will be:
– Feral Hog Control and Registration for Landowners – Andy Anderson, owner of Executive Outdoor Adventures, Bowie.
– Prickly Pear, Range and Grassbur Control, Demonstration Updates – James Jackson, AgriLife Extension range specialist, Stephenville.
– Pecan Pest Management – Bill Ree, AgriLife Extension integrated pest management program specialist, College Station.
– Laws and Regulations – Kathy Newton, TDA regulatory inspector, Fort Worth.
– Tree Issues and Diseases – Dr. Kevin Ong, director of the Texas Plant Disease Diagnostic Lab, College Station.
The program is jointly sponsored by the U.S. Department of Agriculture Natural Resources Conservation Service.