SAN ANTONIO – The Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service in Bexar County will present a series of Brown Bag Lunch and Learn seminars related to horticulture from noon-1 p.m. on the second Friday of each month, beginning March 8.
The seminars are free and open to the public. They will be held in Suite 208 of the AgriLife Extension office, located in the Conroy Park business complex, 3355 Cherry Ridge Drive in San Antonio.
“Bring your own lunch and join us to get useful, practical, research-based information on a variety of horticulture topics you can apply to your garden or landscape,” said David Rodriguez, AgriLife Extension horticulture agent for Bexar County.
Rodriguez and members of the Bexar County Master Gardeners, a volunteer horticulture organization of AgriLife Extension in Bexar County, will present the seminars. They will be on the following dates and address these topics:
- March 8 – Growing Earth-Kind Fruit Trees.
- April 12 – Lawn Basics.
- May 10 – Texas Superstar Plants for Your Landscape.
- June 14 – Harvesting and Storing Your Spring Vegetables.
- July 12 – Home Composting.
- Aug. 9 – Lawns and Landscapes Surviving the Summer Heat.
- Sept. 13 – Growing Kitchen Herbs.
- Oct. 11 – Growing Winter Vegetables.
- Nov. 8 – Fall is for Planting Trees.
- Dec. 13 – Holiday Plant Gift Ideas.
Writer: Paul Schattenberg, 210-859-5752, email@example.com
Contact: David Rodriguez, 210-631-0400, firstname.lastname@example.org