Media contact: Blair Fannin, 979-845-2259, firstname.lastname@example.org
CALDWELL – A variety of livestock management topics will highlight the May 31 Burleson County Beef Tour at Skrivanek Ranches, 8801 Texas Highway 21 East in Caldwell.
The tour is hosted by the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service office in Burleson County. There is no registration fee and lunch will be provided by the following sponsors: Brazos Bottom Crop Care, Capital Farm Credit, Citizens State Bank, United Ag & Turf and Bluebonnet Electric area businesses.
RSVP is requested to the AgriLife Extension office in Burleson County at 979-567-2308.
Registration begins at 8 a.m. and the program starts at 9 a.m.
Tour topics include forage management and hay quality; disease risk from feral hogs; internal and external parasites in cattle; and livestock and trailer theft. Speakers include:
- Dr. Larry Redmon, AgriLife Extension program leader for soil and crop science, College Station.
- Dr. Terry Hensley, assistant director, Texas Veterinary Medical Diagnostic Laboratory, College Station.
- Dr. Joe Paschal, AgriLife Extension livestock specialist, Corpus Christi.
- Dr. Tom Hairgrove, AgriLife Extension cattle veterinarian specialist, College Station.
- Thomas Norsworthy, Burleson County Sheriff, Caldwell.
Three Texas Department of Agriculture continuing education units will be offered – two integrated pest management and one general.